Aloe vera is very good for consumption and bodily usage. It is usually used for skincare purposes where it nourishes the skin with necessary hydrants and keeps the skin hydrated.
Not only this, the aloe vera can be very well used for hair washing too. It gives a perfect cooling effect and improves the texture of the hair and makes it smoother. Aloe vera can clear dandruff and split ends. It can also reduce hair loss.
- Benefits of Aloe Vera for Hair
- 5 Aloe Vera Hair Mask for Gorgeous Hair
Benefits of Aloe Vera for Hair
In any cosmetic readymade gel, you can see aloe vera as one of the ingredients. It enriches your skin and health besides nourishing your hair. Here are a few benefits of Aloe Vera.
- Aloe Vera contains many vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and hence it is a powerful antioxidant. This improves your hair health. It gives protection to your scalp against dead cells and infections. It also prevents dandruff.
- Aloe Vera is rich in Vitamin B12 and this helps the formation of red blood cells. Thus, it initiates hair growth.
- Folic acid is abundantly present in Aloe Vera and hence it gives way to good growth of tissues and makes the cell function smoother. Aloe vera causes cells to be generated which in turn gives rise to hair growth on the scalp.
2. Antibacterial, Antiseptic and Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Aloe Vera can help with reducing inflammation since it contains the bradykinesia enzyme.
- It contains steroids that are contained in fatty acids. The steroids are lupeol, campesterol, beta-sitosterol, and cholesterol. Your hair follicles get nourished with the help of all these steroids.
- It also possesses anti-bacterial, antiseptic and antifungal properties. This blocks the growth of fungus, bacteria, and dandruff on the scalp.
3. Nourishes your Scalp
- Aloe Vera conditions your hair by moisturizing it. Besides hydrating the hair, Aloe Vera locks in the moisture and keeps it there for a longer period. Thus, it prevents dry hair and hence split ends.
- Aloe Vera also repairs the damaged cells and heals them with the help of proteolytic enzymes in it. This also improves the health of follicles.
5 Aloe Vera Hair Mask for Gorgeous Hair
1. Aloe Vera Hair Mask for Hair Growth
- Aloe Vera Gel
- 2-3 tbsp Castor Oil
- 1 Egg
- Take some aloe vera gel in a container and mix the castor oil along with the egg. Mix these ingredients properly with a spoon.
- Cleanse your scalp before using this. Apply the mixture on the cleansed scalp and hair.
- Close or cover the hair with a cloth or a shower cap.
- Wait for at least 30 minutes and rinse your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Do this treatment once a week.
- Omega 6 fatty acids are highly present in the castor oil and this facilitates hair growth.
- It prevents dryness of the hair and the scalp and thus moisturizes it.
- It has antifungal and antibacterial properties that keep out your scalp from infections.
- Your hair needs protein to grow and this is provided by the eggs. It contains Vitamins A and E that are responsible for healthy hair. The eggs are also a kind of moisturizing agent.
2. Aloe Vera Hair Mask for Dandruff
- Aloe Vera Gel
- 2 tbsp Virgin Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Take some aloe vera gel in a container and add 2 tbsp of coconut oil and lemon juice.
- Take a head bath before applying this mixture. Apply over the scalp and hair.
- Cover your head with a cloth or shower cap.
- Leave the mask for 30 minutes and rinse it with a mild shampoo.
- You can repeat his two times in a week.
- A medium-chain fatty acid is present in coconut oil and they have antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. Thus, they keep your scalp free of all these three entities.
- They also keep your scalp away from dandruff. It also moisturizes your scalp.
- Vitamin C is rich in lemon juice. It is a citric acid and hence has antifungal and antioxidant properties that can remove dandruff. The acidic nature of citric acid balances the pH level of the scalp.
3. Aloe Vera Hair Mask for Split Ends
- Aloe Vera Gel
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- Take some aloe vera gel in a container. Mix the honey and oil to a finer level.
- Cleanse your hair and dry it. Apply this gel over the scalp and hair.
- Close your hair with a neat cloth or shower cap.
- Keep the mask for about 30 minutes and rinse your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Do this process once a week.
- Honey has a distinct property of tapping the moisture from the air and saving it in the scalp. It can also keep the moisture for a longer time. Since it hydrates, split ends can be avoided and hair follicles grow stronger.
- The Aloe Vera gel is a very good moisturizer. Thus, hair loss is prevented.
- Sunflower oil is very good for the dryness of the scalp. It can make the hair look shiny.
4. Aloe Vera Mask for Deep Conditioning
- Aloe Vera Gel
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Take some aloe vera gel in a bowl and mix the yogurt and honey to it and mix them thoroughly.
- Cleanse your hair and apply this mixture form the root to the tip by taking every strand separately.
- Keep this for an hour and rinse it using a shampoo.
- You can do this procedure once a week.
- The yogurt present in the mixture moisturizes the hair and makes the hair follicles smoother. It makes the hair look lustrous. It can prevent hair loss since it has lactic acid.
- The aloe Vera maintains the moisturizer inside the scalp and hence the hair roots are moisturized. It keeps the scalp from infections from bacteria and other infectious agents since it contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agents.
5. Aloe Vera Hair Mask for Hair Detangler
- 1 tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup distilled Water
- Take ½ sup of distilled water and add 2 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 tbsp of Aloe Vera gel to it.
- Mix these ingredients well using a spoon and transfer it into a spray container. Shake the container well before use.
- Take your tangled hair and spray this mixture over the area. Comb your hair softly from the tip to the main tangled area. When you start from the end region, the hair would easily be detangled with the help of the spray. Make sure that your combing direction is from upside down and your strokes go easily on your hair.
- The coconut oil in the spray reduces the friction between the tangled hairs and makes the detangling easier. The Vitamin E content of the spray does the job of moisturizing your hair and scalp. The spray contains proteins and lauric acid that nourishes the hair follicles.
- The aloe vera maintains the moisture content of the scalp and makes it smooth and soft.