Today I am sharing the jackfruit Adai recipe (Jackfruit Pancake), which is good for your health.
Jackfruit is a tropical fruit and it is available during the summer seasons. This fruit is extremely sweet and delicious in taste. It is an Indian origin fruit and found mostly in south East Asia.
It is rich in energy, electrolytes, dietary fiber, sugar, minerals, potassium, and vitamins. It is free from cholesterol and other saturated fats.
It is used to prepare gravies, jams, cakes, curries, chips and other delightful recipes. Now, I am going to show you how to make the delicious jackfruit Adai recipe (Pancake).
Before that, let’s see the health benefits of jackfruit and this recipe.
Health Benefits of Jackfruit
Jackfruit has various benefits on your health. Here I listed them for your reference.
- Jackfruit is an instant energizer.
- It has potassium which maintains blood pressure. (Here you can find potassium rich foods)
- The rich source of fiber improves digestion and prevents constipation.
- Jackfruit is loaded with antioxidants. This slows down your aging process.
- It has vitamin A, a vital nutrient for your eye health.
- It has calcium to strengthen and promote healthy bones.
- It is rich in vitamins A, C, E, K, Niacin, Vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid and minerals like copper, zinc, manganese and magnesium. These nutrients help you to prevent and cure anemia.
- The Vitamin C contents of jackfruit strengthen your immune system.
- Manganese regulates blood sugar levels in the body.
- Copper presents in the jackfruit keep the thyroid glands healthy.
- Vitamin B6 keeps the heart healthy.
- It can cure ulcers and other digestive system disorders.
- It maintains your blood pressure and improves digestion.
Healthy Recipe: Jackfruit Adai (Pancake)
Jackfruit Adai recipe is delicious and very soft with the aroma of jackfruit.
- Broken wheat/bulgur/daliya/lapsi (finest variety) – 1 cup.
- Jackfruit pulp – ¾ cup.
- Curd (fresh) – ½ cup (or more to adjust consistency).
- Jaggery – 1 tsp.
- Salt – a pinch.
- Pulp the jackfruit pieces in a chopper.
- Mix jackfruit pulp and curd with broken wheat.
- Set aside for 15 to 30 mins.
- Add more water or curd to adjust the consistency of the batter.
- Smear a nonstick pan with little oil.
- Spread the batter on the pan.
- Cover and let it cook.
- Sprinkle few drops of oil on the top surface.
- Flip carefully and cook the other side.
- Serve hot.
Try this jackfruit adai recipe and enjoy the delicious taste of jackfruit.