How to get rid of bacterial Vaginosis? Treating Bacterial Vaginosis infection at home is not a tedious process. Here I listed 10 home remedies for bacterial vaginosis to cure it naturally.
Bacterial vaginosis or simply BV is the inflammation of your vagina due to the bacterial imbalance in that area. Generally, your vagina is filled with Good and Bad Bacteria. Due to various causes, the bad bacteria replicates itself or kills the bad bacteria, so that the bacterial imbalance occurs at your vagina. This results in vaginal pain, itching, bad vaginal odor (fishy smell), and vaginal discharge.
Bacterial vaginosis infection is one of the common diseases attacking mostly the female reproductive system, particularly Vagina. This is mainly due to the larger surface area that is exposed, high sensitivity to bacteria and pH levels. There are many natural home remedies to cure bacterial vaginosis and its infection. Let us see them in detail.
Home Remedies for Bacterial Vaginosis
You can treat bacterial vaginal infection with natural treatment options. The idea behind the treatment is regulating the good and bad bacteria level in your vagina to cure BV. This is done by increasing the number of good bacteria in the vagina. You can follow the below home remedies for bacterial vaginosis to treat the infection effectively.
If you need an instant remedy, the try this Vaginal Infection Suppositories to cure Bacterial Vaginosis.
Okay! Let us see about the natural home remedies for bacterial Vaginosis Infection.
1. Hydrogen Peroxide Tampon
Hydrogen peroxide is one of the safest home remedies for bacterial vaginosis. It decomposes into Oxygen and water, therefore it does not cause any side effects. It oxidizes the bad bacteria in your Vagina and eliminates the vaginal bacterial infection.
Don’t use the concentrated Hydrogen peroxide, since it will do major harm to your skin. Use water to dilute the hydrogen peroxide around 3%.
- Add an equal amount of diluted hydrogen peroxide and water in a bowl.
- Soak the tampon for few seconds.
- Then insert the Hydrogen Peroxide Tampon in your vagina for 20-30 minutes.
Adding good bacteria into your body is one of the proven ways to get rid of bacterial vaginosis. Yogurt is loaded with a lot of good bacteria. Especially, it contains a bacteria named lactobacillus acidophilus. This bacteria fights effectively against the Vaginal infection.
You can eat 8 ounces of yogurt every day in your meal.
- Take a tampon and soak it in yogurt for about 5 minutes.
- Then insert the tampon in your vagina for 30 minutes.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar for Bacterial Vaginosis
If you ask me about the natural remedies for bacterial vaginosis? I will tell you to try Apple Cider Vinegar.
It is good in antibacterial, antifungal and acidic properties. All of these properties can effectively fight against bad bacteria. So, it can effectively kill the bacteria that causing vaginal odor and help in restoring your skin back to its form. It also regulates the pH level of your skin.
- Dilute the apple cider vinegar to 20% using water.
- Now take the clean tampon and soak it in the diluted apple cider vinegar for 15 minutes.
- Then apply the tampon in your vagina for 30 minutes.
- Repeat this process twice times per day to cure BV permanently.
4. Tea Tree Oil for BV
Tea Tree Oil is used in various skin care products and natural bacterial vaginosis treatment. It is used as an effective remedy for skin infections such as acne, pimples, ringworms, lice, dandruff, and herpes. Tea Tree oil has an excellent antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic properties to cure bacterial vaginosis.
- Pour 5-10 drops of Tea tree oil in a small bowl.
- Add 2 cups of white vinegar in it.
- Rinse your vagina once a day until your infection clears.
- You can mix the equal amount water to dilute tea tree oil.
- Take bath with this mixture once a day until to prevent BV naturally.
Note: Pure tea tree oil may cause skin irritation (depends on your skin type).It’s better to use diluted tea tree oil. For better results use face washes made up of Tea Tree Oil.
5. Coconut Oil for BV
One of the home remedies for BV that work well is Coconut oil. The coconut oil can help eliminate bacterial vaginosis for a long time. It has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties to fight against vaginal infection.
Coconut oil is heavily loaded with Lauric Acid. This Lauric acid has a lot of Antimicrobial properties. So the Lauric acid weakens the bad bacterial protection and kills them completely. So you can easily get rid of bacterial vaginosis.
- Soak a tampon in the coconut oil.
- Insert the tampon into your vagina and keep it there for one hour.
- Then rinse the area.
- Repeat this daily to get rid of bacterial vaginosis naturally.
It is known as one of the known natural home remedies for bacterial vaginosis. You can use fenugreek seeds to treat bacterial vaginosis orally.
- Add 2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in a cup of water.
- Boil it for 10 minutes.
- Add a teaspoon of honey in it.
- Drink twice per day to get rid of bacterial vaginosis.
- Take a cup of yogurt.
- Add a teaspoon of fenugreek powder in it.
- Mix them well.
- And eat it daily as a home remedy for BV.
Garlic is one of the best home remedies for bacterial vaginosis. It is the best natural cure for vaginal odor. The research studies also confirm this remedy.
Garlic has a chemical compound called Ajoene. The Ajoene has antibacterial and antifungal properties. This chemical compound suppresses the growth of the BV-causing bacteria and protects your skin.
- Add 2-3 crushed Garlic cloves in a small bowl.
- Pour some water and mix them well.
- Then soak the tampon for 15 minutes in it.
- Rince the vagina with the tampon or clean your vagina with this mixture.
- Wash your vagina with warm water.
- Follow this procedure once per day.
The simple logic behind the treatment of bacterial vaginosis is, maintaining an equal amount of good and bad bacteria in your vagina.
Milk contains one of the good bacteria called lactobacilli bacteria. This bacteria makes milk as an excellent natural cure for bacterial vaginosis. This regulates the bacterial level in your vagina.
- Take a tampon and soak it in Milk for 15 minutes.
- Then insert it into your vagina for one hour.
- Then clean your vagina with warm water.
- Repeat this process twice per day to treat bacterial vaginosis naturally.
9. Indian Lilac or Neem
It is loaded with antibacterial and antifungal properties. Indian Lilac is used in various skin creams and treatments. This is one of the best home remedies for BV smell.
- Take a handful of green leaves.
- Dry them in sunlight and make it a fine powder.
- Now take 2 teaspoons of the neem powder and mix it with few drops of water. This results in a fine neem paste.
- Then apply that neem paste in and around your vagina and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Allow the Neem to do its action.
- Then rinse your vagina with warm water.
- Repeat this procedure once per day to cure the vaginal bacterial infection.
10. Oregano oil
It has antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal and anti-parasitic properties to fight against the vaginal infection causing bacteria. More than half of the percentage of oregano oil contains thymol. So this is good to treat bacterial vaginosis.
- Take 5-10 drops of Oregano Oil.
- Add 5-10 drops of coconut oil (equivalent to oregano oil).
- Mix them well.
- Apply this mixture in the vagina and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Repeat this 2 times per day to heal the vaginal infection due to bacteria.
In a Nutshell,
How to get rid of bacterial Vaginosis? Treating bacterial vaginosis infection at home is not a tedious process. Bacterial vaginosis or simply BV is the inflammation of your vagina due to the bacterial imbalance in that area. This results in vaginal pain, itching, bad vaginal smell (fishy odor), and vaginal discharge.
Bacterial vaginosis is one of the common diseases attacking mostly the female reproductive system, particularly Vagina. There are many natural home remedies to cure bacterial vaginosis and its infection.If you need an instant remedy, the try this Vaginal Infection Suppositories to cure Bacterial Vaginosis.
Hope the above-listed 10 home remedies for bacterial vaginosis helps you to cure the bacterial infection naturally.