How to get rid of bed sores at home in a natural way? The best home remedies for pressure sores or bed sores are from the herbals such as Goldenseal, Comfrey extracts, Aloe Vera, Coconut oil, Honey, etc.
You can quickly heal your bed sores at home. If you want an instant remedy, try this Emuaid bed sores cream to get instant remedy from bed sores. There are several ointments to treat bed sores are available in the market. But to cure bed sores fast, Aloe vera ointment is the best.
If you have bed sores, then you feel discomfort while sleeping in bed. The alternating bed sores mattress is recommended to get a nice sleep without any disturbance. Bed Sore and Pressure Ulcer Protection Undershorts are also available to protect you from the bed sores.
What is a Pressure Ulcer or a Bedsore?
Bed sores or pressure sores is commonly a kind of lesion or a type of wound that occurs due to confinement to one place for a long time. It later becomes a kind of chronic infection and causes vigorous itching, when not treated properly.
Bed sores mostly occur in people who are bedridden, paralyzed or disabled. It can also occur to some Coma patients. This problem is largely faced by the older people due to restriction in their movement. It affects the lower part of the body like thighs, buttocks, pelvis and the hip region. Sometimes it can rarely occur at ankles, legs, spine, and the shoulders.
This type of bed sores is commonly observed in patients who are subjected to repeated operations and surgeries in the adaxial and the abaxial regions of the body.
Pressure Ulcer Staging
There are usually four different stages of pressure ulcers, where the first two stages namely the Stage 1 and Stage 2 are mild in nature and the last two are seriously dreadful when not treated properly.
- It is generally a kind of open type wound where a small blister appears in any one of the above-mentioned parts and it appears from red to brownish red . The color depends on the complexion of the person.
- In Stage 1, the temperature around bedsore can be felt a little warmer than the usual one. Therefore, this is one of the important characteristic symptoms of this stage.
- This stage will have a wearing and tearing of skin taking place vigorously with a clean white fluid or a puss filled within it.
- You will generally witness a clear abrasion or cracks in the affected region accompanied with acute pain.
- This is an ideal stage to follow all the home remedies for pressure sores or bed sores mentioned here.
- The Bed sore gets worse even more and you can witness small Fat accumulation beneath the skin, forming deep or shallow craters.
- The Bed sore starts affecting the surrounding regions and tissues making it vulnerable to these dreadful sores!!
- This stage will witness no pain as most of the tissues become numb or die extensively.
- You are likely to witness large damage of tissues leading to discoloration of tissues, infections leading to bone and tendon disorders such as Osteomyelitis and Blood sepsis.
Sometimes a pressure sore can have a different set of stages. These stages are likely to happen in any sequential order or disappear at any given time, depending on the intensity of the pressure sore.
How to Prevent Bed Sores
- Change your posture regularly and avoid sitting in one place for a long time.
- People who are confined to a wheelchair or disabled can alter their positions by simply moving their wheelchairs from one place to another. Try using a walking stick to move.
- Prevent using soiled clothes and undergarments that affect your genital and other private parts for a long time. Because this is also a major cause for people to get Pressure sores.
Home Remedies for Pressure Sores
Goldenseal is a Medicinal herb for treating bed sores. It is generally made of a paste or used in combination with hot water.
It is then applied on the sores which create a soothing effect because it can even create some vigorous inflammation when not treated at the right time.
It has all the required antiseptic properties to reduce the inflammation and the pain. Also, it dries and cleans up the pressure sores effectively in a shorter period of time. It is one of the oldest home remedies for pressure sores.
- Generally, it is taken in a teaspoon and mixed with a cup of hot water. It is then applied to the affected area.
- It can be repeated twice or thrice a day until you get the effect.
2. Comfrey Extracts
Treating bed sores is easy with comfrey. It has an excellent property of repairing wounds and regenerates the lost tissues. Both its roots, as well as its leaves extracts are used to treat bed sores.
No doubt, its is one of the best home remedies for pressure sores ever known. The renowned healing nature of this herb will give you quick remedy from bed sores.
It’s generally used in combination with elm to get the maximum benefit out of it.
Let us look at the ways of using it effectively.
- First, mix both the comfrey extracts and the elm leaves in desired amounts and make it into a paste.
- Add a little amount of warm water to make it a fine paste and gently apply it on the bed sore.
- Repeat this process every day. Make sure that you wash the sore with salt water every day before you apply the paste.
- For best results, apply the paste on the bed sores and leave it overnight.
NOTE: You can even take vitamin E and Vitamin C rich food and capsules if you do not prefer all the above-mentioned products.
Home remedies for Bed Sores
There are several home remedies for bed sores are available. Here I selected the best 3 home remedies to heal the bed sores naturally.
1. Aloe Vera
2. Honey and its products.
3. Coconut Oil.
Let us look at the properties and ways to use the above-mentioned products to treat bed sores.
1. Aloe Vera for Bed Sores
You can easily cure the bed sores with Aloe vera. It is a well-known herb for treating various infections effectively. It has a number of medicinal properties due to its soothing and healing at a faster rate.
Bed sores can be effectively treated and it can keep the skin moisturized for a long time, thereby preventing it from further infections and germs.
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf and cut open the cross section and squeeze out or extract the gel out of it.
- Apply the gel over the affected area and spread it gently for a few minutes.
- Allow it to dry and wipe it off with a soft cloth.
- The process can be repeated three or four times daily.
There are several ointments to treat bed sores are available in the market. But to cure bed sores fast, Aloe vera ointment is the best.
2. Honey and its products
You can heal the bed sores with honey. It has a good and a natural antiseptic and antibacterial properties. It can promote healing and can guarantee a fast recovery from wounds and infections.
Honey also prevents itching and kills the germs that try to evade the affected area.
- A thick mixture of sugar and honey can be taken as a paste and applied over the affected area.
- It can also be used in combination with a banana leaf, where the honey can be spread over the banana leaf and the person affected can be made to lie on it.
- But the above-mentioned method is not suitable for long hours, as it may cause a sense of discomfort for the affected person.
3. Coconut Oil for Bed Sores
Coconut oil has a natural cleansing property and keeps the skin fresh and healthy for a long time when used effectively. So you can easily treat the bed sores with coconut oil.
Coconut oil enhances the blood circulation and improves the blood cell count in a long term. It also protects the skin from constant pressure and helps the skin to breathe easily. It deeply goes into the pores and eliminates the sore causing microorganisms, preventing further infections.
- Give a coconut oil massage over the affected area and leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- A warm hot bag or a cloth dipped in a warm water can also be used to supplement the affected surface to give a soothing feeling.
- Repeat it once or twice a day . This can effectively prevent new pressure sores from appearing and can also prevent further infections.
Best creams for Bed Sores
What cream is good for bedsores? Try this Emuaid bed sores cream to get instant remedy from bed sores.
If you have bed sores, then you feel discomfort while sleeping in bed. The alternating bed sores mattress is recommended to get a nice sleep without any disturbance.
Bed Sore and Pressure Ulcer Protection Undershorts are also available to protect you from the bed sores.
We, @askmyhealth target every section of the readers, and this article is specially dedicated to all the “Differently abled readers” who commonly face this problem.
Home remedies for pressure sores or bed sores mentioned in this article is a standard one and it yields a very good result when followed religiously. To treat or heal bed sores, care should be taken and if you can not heal it soon, contact your doctor for complete recovery.
Meet you all with a good article again….!!