Looking for Homemade face scrubs for oily skin? Yes! You are at the right place. There are many face scrubs available in the market. But you can prepare your homemade facial scrub with vegetables, fruits, and herbs easily. Homemade face scrub is free from side effects.
- What is the Need for Face Scrub?
- How to do Scrubbing?
- 1. Cleanser for Oily Skin
- 2. Moisturizer for Oily Skin
- 3. Exfoliate your Face with Brown Sugar
- 4. Homemade Face Scrubs For Oily Skin with Almond
- 5. Lemon Juice and Salt combo
- 6. Homemade face scrubs for oily skin with Oats
- 7. Egg White, Lemon, and Salt
- 8. Cucumber and Aloe Vera Face Scrub
- 9. Green Tea and Honey Scrub
- 10. Coffee Grounds
What is the Need for Face Scrub?
Human skin has multiple layers. The outermost layer is called epidermis and the layer beneath the epidermis is called dermis. Whenever new cells are formed in the dermis layer, the dead old cells are pushed into the outermost epidermis layer.
Automatically, these dead old cells slowly flake off from the epidermis. But some of these dead cells stopover for a long time in the epidermis layer.
These dead cells block the facial pores and are the root cause of the Pimples, Blackheads, Whiteheads, Acne and other blemishes. Moreover, these dead cells also make your face looking dull.
In order to get rid of these problems, you have to exfoliate or scrub your face. In this article, I covered the Homemade DIY scrubs for those who have oily skin.
Oily skin is better than dry skin. Since oily skin retains more moisture and makes your skin glowing. But excessive oily skin is more prone to skin problems than dry skin.
So if are having an oily skin, you have to do scrubbing and make your face gorgeous.
Here I list the 10 best homemade face scrubs for oily skin.
There is no need to spend a lot of money for scrubbing process. Just get the ingredients from your kitchen itself!
How to do Scrubbing?
Follow the below steps to do the scrubbing. Its very important to do it in a right way get better results.
- Starts from your Cheek, gently move your palms in the upward direction.
- Then move upwards in a circular motion.
Note: Don’t move towards the downward direction.
Usually, warm water opens up your facial pores and cold water closes the pores.
So it is highly recommended to wash your face with warm water before you do scrubbing and wash your face with Cold water after scrubbing. Thus, your skin deeply absorbs the ingredients and gives effective results.
Now, Let’s see how to prepare homemade face scrubs for oily skin.
1. Cleanser for Oily Skin
Oatmeal is an excellent exfoliant for the oily skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties. It removes the germs and dirt, which blocks your facial pores. Yogurt is rich in lactic acid. It lightens your blemishes and gives you a clear face.
And finally Honey! It acts as a natural moisturizer and removes the bacteria from your face.
These 3 ingredients cleanse your face naturally. Facial scrub prepared with this combo gives you excellent results for oily skin and the problems associated with it.
- 1 tablespoon of Oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- Take a tablespoon of oatmeal in a bowl.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 1 tablespoon of honey into it.
- Mix all the ingredients and make it as a paste.
- Gently scrub your face with this paste for at least 2 minutes.
- Then rinse your face with warm water.
- Repeat this process daily to get rid of oily skin.
2. Moisturizer for Oily Skin
Both Baking soda and Lemon are strong ingredients. The combination of these two can remove any kind of dirt and germs. As I said earlier, honey removes the bacteria from your face. These ingredients act as a natural moisturizer for your skin.
- ½ tablespoon of Baking soda.
- 1 teaspoon of Lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon of Honey.
- Take baking soda in a small bowl.
- Then add lemon juice and honey into it.
- Mix all the ingredients and make it into a fine paste.
- Now do scrubbing with your fingers.
- After scrubbing leave it on for 3-5 minutes.
- Then wash your face with cold water.
- Repeat this process twice a week.
- Don’t add excess baking soda. Excess baking soda may harm your skin.
- Also, remove that paste from your skin within 5 minutes.
3. Exfoliate your Face with Brown Sugar
Brown sugar removes the excess oil and gives a young look to your skin. Olive oil and honey remove the dirt from your face. Olive oil removes the germs and makes your facial pores wider.
So that you will be free from blemishes.
- 1 teaspoon of Brown sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Honey.
- 1 teaspoon of Olive oil.
- Mix all these above ingredients in a bowl
- Then scrub your face with this paste.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Then wash tour face with cold water.
4. Homemade Face Scrubs For Oily Skin with Almond
Almond is good for oily skin. This removes the excess oil from your face and gives smoothness to your skin.
Honey removes the bacteria and enhances the benefit of Almond.
- ½ cup Almond seeds.
- 2 teaspoons of Honey
- Grind a half cup of almond seeds.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of honey with it.
- And apply this paste on your face and scrub it well.
- After 5 minutes wash it with cold water.
Lemon is rich in citric acid. So it easily removes the unwanted dead cells from your skin. Salt is enriched with sodium compound. This act as a natural exfoliate agent and removes the dirt grimes.
Note: Use the powdered salt and not the rock salt. Rock salt may harm your skin while scrubbing.
- 3 tablespoons of Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of powdered Salt
- Take 3 tablespoons of lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Drop 1 teaspoon of powdered salt in it.
- Mix it well and apply on your face.
- Gently scrub your face for 2-3 minutes.
- Then wash your face with warm water.
6. Homemade face scrubs for oily skin with Oats
Oats removes the dirt grimes, which blocks your facial pores. Further, it doesn’t make harm to your skin. It is a natural face cleanser.
If you use this scrub regularly, you can experience the glowing face within a week.
- 3 tablespoons of Oats
- Take 3 tablespoons of oats.
- Make it as a powder.
- Add few drops of water and stir it well.
- Then scrub your face for 5 minutes.
- Wash it with cold water.
- Repeat this process daily to remove excessive oil from your face
7. Egg White, Lemon, and Salt
Adding Egg white to the above combo gives an effective solution to the dead cells problem. Egg white is rich in proteins and gives smoothness to your skin.
You may feel the tightening effect on your skin, after applying egg white on your skin. But don’t worry. It won’t harm you in any case. This 3 ingredients combo removes the dirt and gives natural glowing power to your skin.
- 1 Egg
- 2 teaspoons of powdered salt
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Take an Egg and separate its egg white and yolk.
- Take the Egg White in a bowl
- Then add 2 teaspoons of powdered salt and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in it.
- Stir it well.
- Apply this paste on your face and scrub it well for 5 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water.
8. Cucumber and Aloe Vera Face Scrub
Tribal people use Aloe Vera to heal their wounds. Now scientifically it is proven that it can accelerate the healing process of damaged skin.
Aloe Vera is one of the best homemade face scrubs for oily skin in the world.
Both Cucumber and Aloe Vera is used in many skin care products. These two herbs remove the excess oil from your skin and make it fresh.
Aloe Vera acts as a natural moisturizer. It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Aloe Vera Leaf
- Squeeze the cucumber and obtain its juice.
- Then cut the Aloe Vera leaf and smash it to get its juice.
- Mix both juices and stir it well.
- Apply this juice on your face.
- Gently scrub your face for 3 minutes.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Finally, wash your face with cold water.
9. Green Tea and Honey Scrub
Green tea is one of the good anti-ageing products. Further regular use of Green tea reduces wrinkles on your face. You can also try some alternative methods to get rid of wrinkles.
Green tea repairs your skin and helps it get back to its original position. It reduces the blemishes and removes excess oil from your face.
Honey moisturizes your skin and removes the dead skin cells.
- Green tea
- Make a cup of green tea.
- Take 3 tablespoons of Green tea in a small bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of honey in it.
- Mix it well.
- Gently scrub your face with this mixture for 5 minutes.
- Wash your face with distilled water.
10. Coffee Grounds
Coffee is one of the best homemade face scrubs for oily skin. Usually, coffee grounds brighten up your skin.
It can easily reduce the cellulite(a persistent fat substance) from your skin and makes your face looks younger
It easily removes the dead cells from your skin and gives smoothness to it.
- Coffee powder
- Olive Oil
- Take a tablespoon of coffee powder.
- Pour a teaspoon of Olive oil in it.
- Stir it well.
- Apply the mixture on your face on scrub it well.
- Use it regularly to get rid of oily skin.
Hope these 10 Homemade Face Scrubs For Oily Skin makes your face free from excess oil and dirt. Follow these scrubs regularly to get better results.
Okay! Now you are free from oily skin. If you have pimples or Acne, get rid of acne with these simple home remedies.
If you have any queries, feel free to ask me via comments. If you like this post, Share it with your friends. Hope You Like it!!