If you are searching for how to get rid of bruises fast? You are landed at a right place.
Many people in the world worried about their bruises every day. Some people feel shy to show their bruised faces in the public eye. Even though it is painful, you can recover from it easily. Today, I am going to clarify you how to get rid of bruises fast.
According to one research study, redheaded women may be more vulnerable to bruising than women with black hair.
Generally, women are prone to bruises when compared to Men. Since Men has a thicker skin than women. Men also have a higher collagen concentration than women. So women are more likely to get bruises when compared to men.
If you are getting older, skin becomes thinner. Another study proves that people those are nearing 50 are more susceptible to bruising than young people.
- What is a Bruise?
- Stages of a Bruise
- How to Get Rid of Bruises Fast?
- 1. Ice Treatment
- 2. Heat It Out
- 3. Acquire Sunlight To Get Rid of a Bruise
- 4. Boiled Egg Treatment
- 5. Comfrey Compress For Your Bruise
- 6. How To Get Rid of a Bruise Overnight With Witch Hazel
- 7. St. John’s Wort Oil
- 8. Arnica Montana
- 9. Bromelain
- 10. Parsley for Bruises
- 11. Essential Oils
- 12. Watercress
- 13. How To Get Rid of Bruises By Using Vitamin K
- 14. Vitamin C
- Consult your healthcare professional, if you have the following symptoms.
What is a Bruise?
A bruise also called as “contusion” appears on the skin due to trauma or injury. The injury causes minute blood vessels named capillaries to burst. The blood gets stuck below the skin’s surface, which causes a bruise.
Stages of a Bruise
Initially, a bruise is reddish in color and fade away in 2-4 weeks. Below table gives you the detailed information about the bruise stages.
|Bluish black||2-4 days|
How to Get Rid of Bruises Fast?
Let’s see how to heal a bruise now.
Here I listed the 14 best home remedies to cure your bruise completely. If you are suffering from a hickey, then try these remedies to fade it. Else continue with the below home remedies.
1. Ice Treatment
Ice is the primary choice for all kinds of pain, swelling, and injuries. You can easily heal your bruises with the help of Ice. It is an excellent pain reliever of all time and one of the best home remedies for bruises.
If any part of your body got injured (bruised), the damaged cells cause swelling and pain. While you apply ice on that bruise, it shrinks the blood vessels and stops the blood leakage under your bruise.
So, Ice reduces your swelling and heals your bruise faster.
- Apply Ice pack on your bruise for 10 minutes.
- Use Ice cold towel to treat your bruise.
- Try Ice treatment for every 2 hours.
- Extreme usage of ice may harm your tissues. So avoid ice treatment for more than 15 minutes at a particular area.
2. Heat It Out
If you are going to treat your bruise after a day, then Heat is the best remedy.
Whenever you got a bruise, lactic acid accumulates in that area and decreases the blood flow. Heat treatment reduces the lactic acid accumulation on your bruise and increases the blood flow.
- Apply heating pads for 10-15 minutes.
- Gently rub that area with a warm water bottle.
- The steam bath is also a good choice for a bruise.
- For your safety, avoid direct contact with heat devices.
Get the best heating pads here!
3. Acquire Sunlight To Get Rid of a Bruise
If you ask me, how to make bruises go away? The answer is a mild sunlight. Bilirubin is a yellow pigment, made in the body when old RBCs (red blood cells) are broken down. It is responsible for the yellow color of bruises and jaundice.
Bilirubin is a yellow pigment, made in the body when old RBCs (red blood cells) are broken down. It is responsible for the yellow color of bruises and jaundice.
When you expose your bruise to a sunlight, it breaks down the bilirubin and speeds up the isomerization of the bilirubin. So, you can easily get rid of a bruise. But care should be taken while exposing your bruise to a sunlight. Over exposure to sunlight may cause sunburns.
4. Boiled Egg Treatment
Let’s see how to heal a bruise with boiled eggs!
Again it works like a heat treatment. This is a simple home remedy and doesn’t harm your skin. This reduces swelling and heals your bruise faster.
- Boil a couple of eggs.
- Peel the eggs when cooked.
- Roll it back and forward where there is a bruise.
5. Comfrey Compress For Your Bruise
Comfrey is one of the perennial herbs and it is used to treat bruises in the traditional medicine system. Often it is referred as “knit-bone” due to its fast healing process.
When applied to a bruise, it reduces swelling and cures it completely.
- Take 5-10 leaves of comfrey.
- Extract the juice from the leaves.
- Add 10 drops of the comfrey juice to 100 ml of warm water.
- Stir it well and apply it to your bruise.
- You can apply 4-5 times a day to easily get rid of bruises.
If you can’t get comfrey in your area, then buy the organic comfrey oil and use it.
6. How To Get Rid of a Bruise Overnight With Witch Hazel
Native Americans used witch hazel extract to treat many skin infections. Nowadays, it is used in many skin care products. It is also helpful in treating minor burns, inflammation, minor bleeding, itching, sprains, skin irritation, etc.
The astringent properties of this herb stop the blood leakage under your skin (bruise) and thereby provides you faster recovery. How to heal a bruise with witch hazel? Just follow the below steps.
- Take 5-8 leaves of witch hazel.
- Extract its juice.
- Mix 10 drops of witch hazel extract with 10 drops of water. (Don’t use without dilution)
- Apply 6 times a day.
7. St. John’s Wort Oil
How to make bruises go away without St. John’s Wort Oil? It is one of the traditional methods to treat a bruise and scars. It is loaded with tannins. These tannins work as an astringent and shrink the capillaries beneath your bruise.
So, it restores the blood circulation beneath the bruise and heals it faster. Further, the anti-inflammatory properties of this oil reduce the swelling and pain.
Making St. John’s Wort Oil at home is a somewhat difficult process. So better you buy this herbal St.John’s Wort oil.
- Apply herbal St. John’s wort oil on your bruise.
- You can apply several times per day.
8. Arnica Montana
This is another powerful herb to get rid of a bruise. It is famous for treating minor injuries and wounds.
Usually, it promotes the movement of WBCs (White blood cells) to the injured area. The WBCs remove the damaged cells in that area and replace them with new cells.
Thus it reduces swelling and increases the blood flow under your bruise.
- Gently rub arnica gel on your bruise.
- You can also use arnica tincture. (But you have to dilute it with equal amount of water)
Arnica contains a toxin called Helenalin. It is poisonous and direct contact with arnica can cause skin irritation [Ref].
Better you can buy arnica gel or tincture and use it.
Bromelain is one of the enzymes present in the pineapple. Usually, proteins in the skin trap fluids in the tissues after you suffer a bruise.
This Bromelain breaks down that protein and digests them. So it reduces your swelling and pain. So you can easily get rid of a bruise. Bromelain is found in Pineapples.
- Consume fresh pineapple a day.
- But pineapple is not sufficient to get the needed bromelain. So take bromelain supplements (250 to 500 mg) twice per day.
10. Parsley for Bruises
Parsley is known for its anti-inflammatory property. It can easily reduce the swelling around the bruise and helps in faster recovery.
Further parsley is rich in Vitamin K and Vitamin C.
- Just take a handful of Parsley leaves.
- Crush them and make a paste.
- Apply this parsley paste on your bruise.
- Use an elastic bandage or any cotton cloth to wrap your bruised area. So that the parsley paste, stick to your bruise.
11. Essential Oils
Essential oils are used to treat many kinds of skin infection.
Massaging the affected area with essential oil is one of the best remedies to remove a bruise. It reduces swelling and increases the blood flow.
The essential oils you can use for your bruises are,
- Get any one of the essential oil from the above list.
- Gently massage your bruise and its surrounding area with your fingers.
- Massage for 5-10 minutes and repeat this several times a day.
- Essential oils will easily remove your bruises within 2 days.
Hippocrates stated, “Watercress is a cure of cures”. Although it has numerous health benefits, here we consider it for only bruises.
This herb is loaded with two anti-bruising nutrients such as vitamin K and Vitamin C. It is a good choice to reduce bruises and hickeys.
- Get the leaves from the supermarket or any nearby stores.
- Smash the leaves and apply it on a bruise. Use elastic bandage to wrap your bruised area
- You can also eat it in the form of sandwich or salad.
13. How To Get Rid of Bruises By Using Vitamin K
As you already know, this is one of the anti-bruising agents, it regulates the blood clot and makes way for the proper blood circulation.
Gently rub your bruise with vitamin K cream for 5-7 times a day. Try this Vitamin K cream to treat your bruise. Since this is suitable for all types of skin.
Eat more vitamin K-rich foods. The following foods are rich in vitamin K.
- Beet Greens
- Broccoli Raab
- Dandelion Greens
- Dried Prunes
- Frozen Kale
- Mustard Greens
- Swiss Chard
- Turnip Greens
14. Vitamin C
How to get rid of bruises with vitamin C ? It is the most wanted vitamin to heal bruises faster.
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin and your body doesn’t have the capacity to make it. Therefore you have to consume it on a daily basis.
It has excellent healing properties. As per the recent research, it helps people recovering from injury, ulcers, and surgery. Further, it maintains the cartilage, bone tissues, and collagen synthesis.
Foods that are rich in vitamin C are,
- Acerola Cherry
- Bell Peppers
- Black Currant
- Green Kiwifruit
- Indian Gooseberry
Consult your healthcare professional, if you have the following symptoms.
- Abnormal Bleeding From Other Parts of Your Body.
- Have a Family history of easy bruising.
- Large Painful Bruises.
- Lump Formation over the Bruise.
- Severe Inflammation.
- Bruises appear on skin without any reason.
Hope you are familiar with how to get rid of bruises now. The above home remedies for bruises are helpful in make your bruises go away. Ringworm and hickey are possibly confused with a bruise. So before you treat your injury, check its symptoms.
Feel free to share your experiences in the comment section.