How to lose belly fat? This is the common question asked by most of us.
Most of us worry about the belly fat and thinking to reduce it all the time. So they follow some complex process to reduce belly fat.
But there is no need to do such complex processes. You can lose your belly fat with the following 5 simple tips without straining a lot.
Here I give you some health tips to get rid of it completely and lead a fat-free life.
- 1. Burn More Calories Than You Consume
- 2. Prefer A Healthy Lifestyle By All Means
- 3. Limited Sugar and Starch Intake
- 4. Never skip your breakfast
- 5. Never rely on artificial fat burners
1. Burn More Calories Than You Consume
This is the foremost tip to lose your belly fat. Generally, all the medical guides or dietitians prescribe this tip for their patients. I strongly recommend this to you, because this tip proves to be the most successful one among all others.
Calculate the calories you burn per day by doing aerobic exercises and other activities carefully. Accordingly, plan your calorie intake. The number of calories burnt depends on the individual’s potential.
An average man who works out an hour in the gym reduces 700-800 calories.
How To Burn More Calories?
Here I list you few methods to burn more calories
- Do Aerobic exercises.
- Exercising on an Empty Stomach.
- Do Stretching and walking.
- Drink caffeinated beverages.
- Eat fewer amounts of Snacks after your Workout.
- Eat little amount of more frequent Meals.
- Consume Low-Fat Dairy products.
- Go for a low-carb diet.
- Drink 7 Cups of Water a Day.
- Chew some Gum.
- Eat Spicy meal.
2. Prefer A Healthy Lifestyle By All Means
Here I actually mean the kind of intake and the fitness you adopt for a successful weight loss program. Also a measure of reducing your weight, never restrict yourself to essential calories that are needed for a healthy body and soul.
Note: For a fit physique, you need to definitely follow a “stringent exercise schedule” and the secret to success is following it religiously.
How to live a healthy lifestyle?
- Sleep well at least for 8 hours daily.
- Drink plenty of water
- Focus on fitness
- Avoid Junk foods
- Don’t overeat
- Choose Healthy Foods
- Eat more fruits and vegetables
- Manage your stress with pleasant music.
- Quit smoking
- Avoid yo-yo dieting.
3. Limited Sugar and Starch Intake
Due to the complex metabolism and various processes occurring in our body, all the sugar and starch consumed is converted to fats of both saturated and unsaturated kinds.
I don’t say completely avoid it, but satisfy your desire occasionally and sacrifice mainly on soft drinks and beverages.
What are Low sugar and starch foods?
- Raw spinach
- Beef and Meat (Bacon, Lamb, veal)
- hard cheese
- Fish (including salmon, Flounder, catfish, tuna, bass, Tilapia, crab, trout, shrimp, lobster and scallops)
- Green salad
- NonStarchy vegetables
- Skinless white-meat chicken
- Cheese stick
- Grilled chicken
- Low-carb beef soup
- Pepperoni slices
What to take in fewer amounts?
- Milk and other dairy products
- Rice and other grains.
- Skimmed water
- Canned Soups
4. Never skip your breakfast
The complete working of your body heavily depends on the nature of your breakfast. If you skip your breakfast, the obviously you can’t reduce your belly fat.
I would recommend a healthy “proteinaceous” diet for your breakfast followed by a piece of fruit.
Yes! This will do for a breakfast on all the days in a week.
See that you never skip your breakfast at any cause, because all your workouts in the gym will go in vain, once you skip it.
A healthy breakfast rejuvenates all the parts of your body and prevents it from having different kinds of fatigues and problems.
Research Insights about breakfast
A recent study by Shafiee et al, skipping breakfast is related to increased risk of MetS and other cardiometabolic factors in children and adolescents.
The research scholars of The University of Massachusetts Medical School published their work in the American Journal of Epidemiology , proved that people who avoid breakfast are 4.5 times more possible to be obese than those people who take good breakfast.
According to the research work , conducted by Holt et al, eating breakfast that is rich in carbohydrate and fiber helps you to be energetic all day.
Also, a study the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, proved that those who omit breakfast are more likely to have less cholesterol level and insulin response.
A research work published in the Journal of Adolescent Health, shows that eating high-energy foods in the early morning can boost your short term memory.
According to the study conducted by Harvard School of Public Health, regular breakfast skippers can face the problem of serious coronary heart disease by 27%.
Benefits of Breakfast
- It improves your body metabolism
- It helps to maintain your insulin response
- Helps to perform well at your workplace/ University
- Burns calories early.
- Can get your essential nutrients in the morning itself.
- Skipping breakfast can make you grumpy.
- Makes you mentally sharper.
- Gives you more energy.
- Helps you to manage weight.
- Lowers your risk of diabetes.
5. Never rely on artificial fat burners
Some dieticians recommend CLA’s (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) and other chemical means of fat burning. But this may create side-effects on a long-term basis.
Some enthusiastic bodybuilders take these CLA’s every day to burn 500-600 calories in one day itself.
But I believe that these are some of the wrong means to reduce body fat, as they may lose some essential calories while doing so.
Side effects of using CLA
- CLA might slow down your blood clotting.
- CLA might increase the risk of bleeding in people with bleeding disorders.
- If you have metabolic syndrome, taking CLA might increase the risk of getting diabetes.
- It can worsen diabetes.
- CLA might cause extra bleeding during and after surgery. So it is advised that to stop using CLA at least 2 weeks before your surgery.
- It is safe to avoid CLA during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Side effects Source: WebMD
Therefore, I strongly recommend enhancing your fruits and vegetable consumption and also the fiber content to reduce body weight naturally.
Hope you follow these 5 tips and lead a happy life.