The hair that shows when you wear a bathing suit is what hair-removal products otherwise call as bikini area. Many women like to get rid of this private hair problem.
When you shave the hair, you get a stubbly look and that starts itching after some time. So, women prefer depilatories or waxing.
A depilatory is a cream or liquid that removes hair from the skin’s surface. Depilatories work quickly and are painless. But some people have an allergic reaction to the chemicals in the depilatory, which may cause a rash or inflammation.
In waxing, hot wax is applied over the area from where the hair is to be removed. A cotton cloth is then used to remove those unwanted hairs easily.
Waxing can sting a bit while it’s being done, but the results last longer than with shaving or depilatories because it takes longer for the hair to grow back.
Other options for hair removal are laser hair removal and electrolysis, although these can be expensive.
Homemade Remedies to Eliminate Unwanted Hair
The following are some of the homemade remedies to remove the unwanted hair from the skin very easily and safely.
1. The Mixture of Sugar and Lemon for Facial Hair
If you want to exfoliate your face, mix sugar with water and lemon juice and apply this mixture on your face. This is a face bleacher too. Lemon juice will do a miracle on your skin. It lightens the color of your facial hair.
These three ingredients are very helpful to effectively eliminate the facial hair, as well as hair on the other body parts. It is safer to avoid applying this mixture on delicate and sensitive parts of the body.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 10 tablespoons of water
- 1 small bowl
- Mix the sugar and water in a small bowl.
- Once that´s done add the lemon juice to the bowl and mix well.
- Then apply the mixture of sugar and lemon to your face in the direction of hair growth of your facial hair.
- Leave the mixture on the face for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash off with water after 20 minutes, rubbing the mixture gently with your hands.
- Repeat the procedure twice or three times a week in order to see your facial hair disappearing.
2. Sugar, Honey and Lemon Mixed for Leg and Arm Hair Removal
Sugar mixed with water, lemon and honey represent a great homemade remedy that eliminates the unwanted hair from your body.
These three ingredients act like wax and stop the growth of the unwanted hair on your arms and legs.
Ingredients and Tools
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Corn starch or multipurpose flour – 1 to 2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of organic honey
- A piece of fabric or wax strip
- Water (optional in order to make a thinner paste)
- Spatula for waxing or a butter knife
- Mix sugar, lemon juice, and honey in a small bowl.
- Warm up this mixture for three minutes in order to make it is surface smooth, that is, to make a free-flowing paste.
- Leave the mixture cool down at room temperature.
- Wash the body parts intended for the hair removal.
- Use the waxing spatula to apply a large amount of warm mixture of sugar, lemon, and honey to the areas you want to remove the unwanted hair from.
- Apply it in the direction of hair growth and once you did that, cover the skin with a piece of fabric or waxing strips and press down to glue them into the paste.
- Pull the strip in the direction opposite to the hair growth in order to effectively remove unwanted hair.
- You can repeat the procedure every time you notice that the unwanted hair has grown on your arms or legs.
But doctors fell that waxing leaves the pubis unprotected. They comment that pubic hair exists for a reason and they protect the genitals from bacteria and other infections.
Have a safe and happy shaving or waxing ladies… Be safe and careful while doing all these homemade remedies. Beauty is important, so does safety!!! 😊 😊 😊