Today, I am going to show you how to make the delicious plum cake recipe.
Plums belong to the Prunus genus of plants. These are relatives of the peaches, almond, and nectarine. There are totally 2,000+ varieties of plums exist in the world. The plum season extends from May through October. And the dried form of this fruit is called as prunes.
Before I proceed to the plum cake recipe, just know the health benefits of Plums. You can check the detailed nutritional profile of plum from whfoods.
Health Benefits of Plums
- Its antibodies have protective effects against insulin resistance and help to enhance insulin sensitivity in the body.
- Inhibits deterioration of bone tissues and prevents osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.
- Its high vitamin C content strengthens the immune system.
- It has antibodies with anti-obesity and anti-inflammatory effects on body cells, including the fat cells.
- Help in preventing obesity-related problems like high cholesterol, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases.
- Contains vitamin K helpful in normal clotting of the blood and bone health.
- Helps in normal growth of the brain.
- Assists in the formation of mood influencing hormones.
- Chlorogenic acids present in plums help in curing anxiety-related behaviors.
- It has a high quantity of potassium which helps in regulating muscle contractions and acid-base balance of the body.
- Its vitamin C and antioxidants help to maintain healthy, radiant and youthful skin.
- It has anti-aging nutrients which help in reducing dark spots and wrinkles.
- Low glycemic index, so doesn’t spike blood sugar levels. Helpful for diabetics and weight watchers.
- Has vitamin A and beta-carotene beneficial in maintaining healthy eyesight and preventing age-related macular degeneration.
Plum Cake Recipe
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Jaggery powder – 1 cup
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Eggs – 3
- Butter – ¼ cup
- Curd – ½ cup (more if required to adjust the consistency of the batter)
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Fresh Plums (Sour sweet variety) – 1 cup
- Sieve the dry ingredients together.
- Beat the eggs well and add slowly to the dry ingredients.
- Add butter and curds to the mixture to make the batter.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Slice the plums.
- Mix little flour and jaggery powder with the plum slices.
- Mix plums gradually with the batter.
- Sprinkle powdered jaggery and cinnamon powder on top of the batter.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Bake for 15 to 20 mins.
- Test with a knife inserted into the center of the cake.
- Serve warm.
Already I covered the peach recipes in a separate article.
Try this Plum Cake Recipe recipe and enjoy its delicious taste. If you have any doubts about making this recipe, drop your queries here.