How to detox the liver naturally at home? Flushing or detoxing the liver is important for liver health and its proper functioning. Several foods (liver friendly foods) are good for the liver and they can detox your liver naturally without any side effects. Here I listed 17 Liver cleansing foods to detox the liver naturally.
The liver is the important organ in your body. It is responsible for immunity, digestion, metabolism, protein synthesis, blood purification, etc. If the liver is surrounded by toxic substances, it suffers a lot and would not function properly.
In order to make the liver back to its normal form, you need to flush out the toxic substances from it by liver detoxification.
- Foods That Makes Your Liver Toxic
- Symptoms indicating that your liver needs Detoxification
- How to detox the liver?
- 1. Use Garlic to detox the liver
- 2. Grapefruit Liver Cleanse
- 3. Leafy Green Vegetables
- 4. Beetroot
- 5. Turmeric detox drink
- 6. Carrots
- 7. How to detox the liver with Green Tea
- 8. Apple in action
- 9. Repair your Liver with Avocados
- 10. Olive Oil liver cleanse
- 11. Cauliflower
- 12. Lemon Water Liver Detox
- 13. Walnuts
- 14. Cabbage
- 15. Milk Thistle liver detox
- 16. Broccoli
- 17. Dandelion Root
Foods That Makes Your Liver Toxic
Some foods make harm to your liver. They can accumulate toxic substances in the liver and degrade its functions. Foods that are not good for your liver health are as follows.
- Some medications
- Large doses of iron
- Harsh chemical cleaners
- Over-the-counter pain relievers
- Drinking and eating from plastic containers
- Eating canned foods
- Illicit drugs
- Artificial preservatives, etc.
Symptoms indicating that your liver needs Detoxification
You can easily identify that your liver is affected with the following symptoms.
- Acid reflux
- Bloating and gas
- Skin/eyes that are yellowish
- High blood pressure
- Dark urine
- Mood swings
- Inability to lose weight
- Excessive sweating
- Chronic fatigue
- Poor appetite
- Bruise easily, etc.
How to detox the liver?
Usually, there are many natural ways to detox the liver. Here I listed 17 foods to detox the liver naturally. These foods are liver friendly foods and make no harm to the liver. These foods flush out the toxic substances accumulated in the liver.
If you want instant detox, then buy the Liver Detoxifier and Regenerator.
1. Use Garlic to detox the liver
Garlic is one of the best liver cleansing foods. It is used for numerous medical ailments from the olden days. It acts as a natural liver cleansing agent. It is noted for its antiviral, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. It is a natural antibiotic and boosts up your immune system and metabolism rate.
Garlic contains a high number of sulfur compounds. These sulfur compounds trigger the liver enzymes to remove the toxins from your liver. Further, the Allicin and Selenium compounds found in Garlic can naturally do the liver detoxification process.
Garlic reduces your cholesterol level and protects your liver from further damage.
- Eat 3- 4 raw garlic cloves daily to get complete benefit.
- Take some garlic into your daily foods.
- You can also use garlic slices in your Salads
Note: Don’t use packed or processed garlic
2. Grapefruit Liver Cleanse
Grapefruit is good for the liver. It is rich in powerful natural liver cleansers such as vitamin C, pectin, and antioxidants. A cup of fresh grapefruit juice can boost up the detoxification enzymes to remove the toxic substances from the liver.
Further grapefruit has a flavonoid compound called naringenin, which breaks down fat and aid the liver to burn the excess fat.
Also, grapefruit has an additional compound called Glutathione, which neutralizes free radicals and remove the heavy metals from your liver.
- Drink a glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice.
- Add this fruit in your daily breakfast.
3. Leafy Green Vegetables
The best way to detox liver is to take more amounts of leafy green vegetables in your daily food. Greens are rich in chlorophylls, which remove the toxins from your blood.
Leafy green vegetables detox your liver by removing the chemicals, pesticides and neutralizing the heavy metals. They act as a powerful liver protecting agents and spur the flow of cleansing bile.
You can consume green leaves in the raw form, juiced or cooked.
Green foods good for your liver
- Bitter gourd
Beetroots have long been used for the liver cleansing process and raked tp in the liver cleansing foods. It helps to stimulate the liver’s detoxification processes. Usually, beetroot improves and stimulate the overall liver functions.
Beetroot is rich in beta-carotene and plant-flavonoids. Further beetroot can purify your blood and increase the hemoglobin content.
- Drink a glass of fresh beetroot juice.
- Take 1 cup of chopped beetroot. Add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of honey and make it a salad. Eat this salad twice a day.
5. Turmeric detox drink
Turmeric is one of the best liver healthy foods. It has many benefits over your liver
- It supports healthy liver tissue.
- It stimulates liver metabolism.
- It enhances regeneration of damaged liver cells.
- It protects the liver from damage.
- It increases natural bile production
- It Keeps the liver toxin-free.
Turmeric has a compound called curcumin, which stimulate the liver detoxification enzymes and flush out carcinogens and other toxins.
- Add a pinch of turmeric in your daily food.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder in a cup of water. Boil it and drink twice a day for 10 days.
As like beetroot, carrots also stimulate the liver detoxification process.
The antioxidants present in carrots such as such as Carotenoids, Anthocyanidins, and Hydroxycinnamic acids can improve the metabolism and neutralize the harmful free radicals.
- Eat 2-4 carrots daily.
- Add carrots in your vegetable salads.
7. How to detox the liver with Green Tea
Green tea is good for the liver. It contains a plant antioxidant called catechins. These catechins remove the excess fat in the liver and enhance the proper function of your liver.
Also, this antioxidant can remove the toxic alcohol substance from your liver. Green tea rapidly detoxes your liver and increase the hydration levels.
- Drink a cup of Green Tea twice a day.
Try this liver detox tea Green tea Recipe to get rid of all toxic substances.
8. Apple in action
Apple is rich in pectin compounds, which absorbs the toxic metals from the blood. So there is no need for the liver to process them, thereby it reduces the burden of liver.
Pectin compound releases the toxins from the liver and also from the digestive tract. Moreover, Apple contains a substance called malic acid, which removes important toxin called carcinogens and other toxins from your liver.
Apple contains various minerals, nutrients, and vitamins that make your liver to function well.
Crab apples are good to detox the liver naturally.
- Eat 2-3 apples per day.
- Drink a glass of fresh apple juice.
Note: Take organic apples and avoid packaged apple juice.
9. Repair your Liver with Avocados
Scientists proved that Avocados help your body to produce a compound called glutathione, which can actively fight against the liver-damaging toxin called galactosamine. So I listed avocados in the list of foods that are good for liver health.
Furthermore, avocados contain many plant nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that support overall liver health. Eat 1 to 2 avocados per day for a month to detox your liver completely.
10. Olive Oil liver cleanse
How to detox the liver with olive oil? You may be wondering that olive oil helps to cleanse the liver.
Yes! Olive oil can provide a lipid base in your body, thereby absorbing the harmful toxins. Then the toxins are eliminated via bile.
Olive oil clears the toxins from the blood stream and makes the work of liver much easier.
- Add Olive oil in your daily foods.
- Add few drops of olive oil in your salads.
Cauliflower stimulates the liver enzymes by increasing the amount of glucosinolate. Glucosinolate flush out the harmful toxins from the liver. So cauliflower too added in liver cleansing foods.
As per the studies, glucosinolate reduces the causes of liver cancer.
12. Lemon Water Liver Detox
Lemon contains the antioxidant D-Limonene, which can effectively detox the liver. Moreover, the vitamin C presents in Lemon triggers the liver enzymes to synthesize the harmful toxic materials and it can be absorbed by water.
- Drink a glass of freshly squeezed lemon juice in the morning.
- Take a glass of water and add a crushed lemon juice drops. Stir it well and drink this lime water two times a day.
- You can also drink warm lemon juice to get rid of toxins.
Note: Don’t add sugar, salt or any other substance into the lemon juice. For better results, drink lemon juice in the morning after you get up from bed.
In a long run of foods that are good for your liver health, walnuts too do its wonder. Walnuts are rich in amino acid, l-arginine, and glutathione. These substances help the liver fast detoxification process.
Further, omega-3 fatty acids and glutathione in walnuts act as a natural liver cleansing substances. Further walnuts oxygenate your blood and make it pure.
- Chew the nuts well as a snack daily.
- You can also add them to a Soup, salad and baked goods.
Cabbage stimulates the liver detoxification enzymes and makes the detoxification process much faster. The liver detox foods includes cabbage for better detoxification process.
- You can take cabbage in vegetable salads.
- Add cabbage in the homemade fatless Burgers and pizzas
15. Milk Thistle liver detox
Milk Thistle is an excellent herb to detox the liver. It helps to eliminate the toxic heavy metals and alcohol content in the liver.
Further Milk Thistle contains a compound called silymarin which has the following benefits over the liver.
- Strengthen the cell walls in the liver
- Enhance the regeneration of damaged liver cells
- Detoxify the liver.
- Stimulate the bile production.
- Improve the digestion process.
Broccoli is loaded with glucosinolates, which helps to flush out the major liver-damaging toxin called carcinogens. The fat-soluble vitamin E presents in the Brocolli helps the liver to carry out its normal functions.
- Eat a cup of broccoli 2 times a week.
- Add little amount of broccoli in your daily food menu.
17. Dandelion Root
Dandelion root is renowned for its liver detoxification characteristics from olden days. It has a natural diuretic effect. This helps the liver in the quick detoxification process. Dandelion also fights against fatty liver disease.
Dandelion root is rich in minerals and vitamins. Dandelion also regulates your blood level, boost up your immune system, improves bile flow and improves digestion.
- Drink a cup of Dandelion root coffee twice per day to keep your liver healthy and toxin free.
In a nutshell,
How to detox the liver naturally at home?
Flushing or detoxing the liver is important for liver health and its proper functioning. Several foods (liver friendly foods) are good for the liver and they can detox your liver naturally without any side effects. Here I listed 17 Liver cleansing foods to detox the liver naturally.
Now follow the above liver detox home remedies and cleanse your liver without any side effects. You can also check these herbs to detox your liver. You must try these methods and share your opinions here.